Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Craft (Escape) Room

This is my craft room, the room where I go to escape the chaos that my life entails. I walk in, shut the door, turn on some music and get creative. It is setup so I can stamp, scrapbook, wrap gifts, create fun artistic home decor, or just sit and get away from the kids. From my desk I can reach 2 turnabouts that hold dye ink and pigment ink. In front of me, I have tools like scissors, staples, adhesives, stamp cleaner, and markers and pens. To my left is a wall full of paper. Cardstock, designer papers, textured cardstock, scrapbook kits, and magazines and catalogs. On the wall to my right, there are ribbons, chipboard, metal accessories, drawers full of punches, sponges, watercolor tools, rub-ons, tools for dry and wet embossing, other kinds of ink pads, and a paper cutter. I also have drawers with different scrapbooks in progress. One for each child, a family scrapbook, one for my husband's childhood, and different vacations. I have my pictures (that are printed) organized in chronological order in a huge Creative Memories box. I also have loads of handmade cards filed in that flat rubbermaid container. Behind me is a closet full of rubber stamps. Large background stamps, regular sized stampes, and regular and jumbo wheeled stamps. If you notice the quote above my desk, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful!" It's the truth. Right to the left of the closet and to the right of the door is my embellishment station. A place where I can pound eyelets, attach brads, use the heat gun. Use a cutting blade and mat. This is also where I store beads, rhinestone brads, buttons, and below are scrapbooks that need to be filled with creative inspiration and photographic memories.

6 comments:

Pooka said...

I love your blog! I'm loving your room even more. I bow to you oh queen of craft organization!

kelly l said...

hey this is kelly larson (seth's mom). i found your blog through jackie's. love your craft room. you totally beat me on supplies. i meant to talk to you at heather's last night about having braxton come over some time. braxton mentions it every time i go help at school and seth really wants him to come play. i'll get your number from jackie and give you a call sometime.

Pam said...

I came across your blog through Lisa's...I hope you don't mind. I love your house and your family is so cute! I hope you don't mind but I will probably be dropping by often.

McB's said...

Man, I'm so jelous...you have the set up, check you out!!! Big changes from Cali huh?? LOL

Pooka said...

So do I get to check out your new room on Tue or are we getting together at my house?

Stacie said...

This is so fun! This will be a fun way to keep up with each other. I love the Twilight series too