Monday, February 9, 2009

Las Vegas here we come!


Colby and I have been so stressed lately with things breaking, other people's things breaking so we have to fix them, and the kids all acting out against each other as well as at us. We need a getaway, and soon. So, we called up some friends and planned a Las Vegas trip scheduled in two weeks. We leave the 22nd and come home the 24th of this month, we are counting the days, hours and minutes. Don't you ever just need to get away from your house, kids and family to appreciate them more. Well, we do! We are also sooo... done with the cold and snow, it's depressing and everyone in our home has cabin fever and therefore at each other's throats constantly. After living somewhere that is warm and sunny most of the year for 6 years, you have a hard time adjusting to such gloomy long winters. I used to be able to take the kids to the park to play by January or February, I miss it. Yes, I do love being back in Utah closer to family and old friends, and creating new friends. But I really wish the weather and climate of Southern California could have followed me here. Sorry for the complaining, I'll stop now. Colby found a great deal at The Palms in Vegas, I was so excited to stay where so many celebrities take their weekend excursions(Yes, I am a celebrity nut.). We are trying to see what shows we can see on the lower end of the price range. Blackjack, shopping, sleeping in, no bedtime routines to struggle with, maybe a trip to the spa, a ride or two on a roller coaster and wonderful food; doesn't that sound wonderful right now? YES! We are putting a small portion of our tax return to a much needed escape. I'll let you know how the trip goes in a couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

HAVE FUN!!! Wish it was me! haha

Kim said...

Wahoo! Have fun. If you can see a Cirque De Soleil show, I highly reccommed it.

Rach said...

I'm glad for you that you are escaping. It sounds perfect. I hope you have a super great time and that you come back refreshed. I would love to take a little break like that.

Rob said...

We have racked our brains trying to find a way to make this work for us, also. Oh well. Make sure to invite us again!! We would love to go with you. Have fun.

Tyra

Tanya said...

Yep, a vacation sounds great. Definitely out of the gray and the snow. Have a great time!!!