Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Show and Teach.

Braxton had to do a "Show and Teach" yesterday. Show the class something he could do and then teach them how to do it. He was choosing from teaching them how to build Lego people, or how to draw Frankenstein. He chose the latter. It was supposed to be 5 minute presentation, but he made sure all the details were on the drawing and took a whopping 20 minutes. Later last night, his friend Kelly's mom told me that Kelly said all the girls loved Braxton's show and teach the best. How cute! He was so fun to watch talk to the class, use the Smart board (what they have in place of a white board, or chalk board now) and hold the bolo-tie looking microphone up to his mouth to project his timid voice to the rest of the class. The amazing technology they have in schools these days, sheesh! Guess those box tops and PTA fundraisers are definitely paying off. A smart board was like a touch computer screen on the whiteboard, I was amazed by it. At the close of the presentation, he told them that now he was going to walk by and look at everyone's, then they had permission to color them. He was cracking me, along with the other mom, up so bad......I loved watching him take control. Love ya B!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

SO, if I turn in my boxtops our school can get those cool "white boards" ? Braxton looks quite comfortable up there teaching.

Tanya said...

WOW! that is a crazy project! they have them do soooo much in school, good thing they have such amazing technology to help them! goodness...!

Glad he had a good week, my poor boy has had one huge disappointmetn after another.... oy.

Rach said...

I love his picture of Frankenstein, plus I love that he "let" them color it after he checked their pictures. Awesome. He's a good kid.