Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Update...

Here are a couple pics from our weekend:

Thursday I caught Tristan getting into kitchen drawers.

Friday I found two beings in our house sleeping weird again. Skitterz with his paw over his eyes and....Gabe face down in our entryway.

We took Braxton and Gabe to see Monsters Vs. Aliens this past week (can't remember which day). They really enjoyed it.
Then Saturday I made chocolate chip pancakes for the kids, and planned a date for Colby and I. We went to eat lunch at Maddox and then took in an X-Men Origins matinee. By the way, if you haven't seen it yet, go. It was a great show.

Here is an update on the pergola construction:

Friday Colby and Tracy (our contractor) stripped some siding off the house and mounted these boards. This took the whole time, they ran into a couple problems.

Then some of the support posts went up yesterday, and a bit more of the framing.
We should have more done after this coming Wednesday.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love all the pictures. I have several passed out kid pictures, priceless.

Your construction looks great. I'd love to do one in my backyard ...someday.

Anonymous said...

Yea! That will be so nice to have a pergola--it's going to look so good. I LOVE the pic of Gabe sleeping in the entryway. That's awesome that somehow he was so tired he just passed out right there. :)

Rach said...

That picture of Gabe is hilarious. It's like a wind-up toy that ran out before it could escape out the door. The pergola is looking fab! It will be so nice to have shade that won't blow away in the wind. Are you putting vines or anything on it?

Rae said...

Possible planting some vines in planters in the corners. But I have a black thumb, so we'll see if they even survive.

Ashley Kaye said...

Your deck is looking good! Thanks for the update :)

Rawlings Family said...

This made me laugh so hard. Your Maddox and X-men date was the EXACT thing we did on the EXACT date! Only we did it in the evening. But it made me laugh.