Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sick, sick, sick.....

Last Thursday I was feeling achy. But, I thought it was from my first attendance at a BodyPump class at the gym. Little did I know, I was sick.

It hit me hard and very fast while I was at my mom's house. I grabbed my boys' and hurried home to get straight in bed for the next 2 1/2 days. I don't even remember Friday, thanks Colby for picking up the kids from school on Thursday and Friday. I can't remember being so exhausted in my whole life.

Then Saturday morning it hit Tristan. So, Colby took Braxton and Gabe to hang out at his parent's house to keep them all safe from it. T and I were left at home to fend for ourselves. Colby came home around 10pm, claiming Gabe had thrown up there and now had it. Sunday morning, Colby awoke with the awfulness.

I was "sick and tired" of being sick and tired. So, while everyone was napping I broke out the Lysol spray and Clorox wipes and cleaned every surface in our entire house that I could think of any of us touching. It took me the whole day. Then, I Cloroxed the kitchen floor and fell asleep on the couch feeling a lot better. I was determined to get those germs out of my house, and quarantine all of us sick people in. I didn't want to be responsible for this spreading to any other household. I kept urging Braxton to drink Airborne and stay away from us, and the whole family got attacked by me and the Purell hand pump about every other hour for random hand cleaning sessions.

My sweet in-laws snagged Braxton away from the house Sunday and brought him back that evening with homemade chicken noodle soup. At this point, I was in survival mode. Still sick and exhausted, but having to take care of everyone because Colby was in the state that I was in Thurs-Sat.

Today, all that lingers with T, G and I are congestion and a cough. Colby is finally feeling coherent today, and Braxton has still stayed free and clear of the bug. Thank goodness, because I don't know how I would have kept sane with 4 boys at home feeling crappy, bored and fighting. Gabe is dying to go back to school, but I am keeping his germs home with us for awhile.

So, Colby did a lot of research last night, and talked to a friend who had been diagnosed by a doctor as having swine flu. It looks like that is what our family had this last week. The aches were unimaginable, and came a lot of the time with no fever, by themselves lasting 3 days. The illness has taken 7 days so far, but it looks like we are all almost done with it. Thanks to all of you for checking up on us. And thank you even more for staying away, we are not taking it personal. We don't want anyone to have to go through this.

Now it's off to the shower for me, and then to start getting this illness out of massive amounts of laundry.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. There's not much worse than being that sick, plus trying to take of a bunch of other sick people. After you're all better, let's go party.