Thursday, June 5, 2008
First Swimming Lesson
Last month Braxton completed his first swimming lesson. Through a friend, I found a lady who teaches lessons for $25 for 2 weeks from someone's indoor pool. So, it was a small class, and perfect! Braxton was the oldest and the only boy. His teacher was great. I don't know how she can have so much patience, all the girls except one and Braxton were so bouncy and loud. Braxton and his friend Reagan were so timid about the water, but his teacher worked so good with them both. Braxton has always been afraid of water and getting his head wet. Every bath and shower was a fight to wash and rinse his hair. And very rarely would he get more than just his feet in a swimming pool. But now, if he gets in the tub he is always saying, "Mom do you want to see me put my face in the water? See how long I can hold my breath under water." We are so excited for his next lessons to start this month. Though, I am sad that I signed up and paid for them at the local public pool before I found his great teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is a total deal!! I'm looking at almost $50 for 2 weeks, per kid. That's the cheapest I've found too. How great that he is loving the water! I love summer...
Dang! I wanna go there! Hunter gets lessons in a private pool and a very small class, for $45 for ONE week!
Yeah!!! Now we can have water figts and go to the pool when you come to visit this summer!
It sounds klike lots of fun things are going on for you guys. I love your couch!
I sure miss you RaeAnne! I love that you put Gabe outside for his time out when he's loud, I wish I could do that but in this heat she'd pass out and then I'de get a knock on the front door from CPS cuz our neighbor turned us in!! I don't know what to do, sometimes I lose my cool but I try so hard not to. Today was hard in the morning, that's what prompted my blog but by after nap time she's been great! Go figure, you never know.
Post a Comment