Friday, October 3, 2008

This is for you, Tanya.

Sorry, I have been slacking on my posting due to a sick child. Man, that's a lot of laundry! I am so glad the week-long illness has passed. Anyway, I got tagged...again. So here you go, whether you wanted to know or not.

Rules: Always the same... come up with 7 facts about you, things people don't know and share it with the world!

1. I am a little OCD. I hate it when my light switches are not all the same direction in a room that has more than one set. I will go around fixing them before I go to bed, or before we have guests over. Colby messes them up to bug me, and then laughs while he watches me fix them.

2. I am obsessed with being on time or early. It is a quality that my mom drilled into me, but a good one to have. The bad part is that it irritates me when others are late or don't show without letting you know that they can't come. Or when the don't R.S.V.P., and then show up. I am almost always late to church or any other function that Colby and/or my boys attend with me, and it drives me insane.

3. I am an avid movie lover and collector. For those who have been in my family room, you have seen this: That collection is always growing. And it does not include VHS, LDS/Living Scripture movies, and Blu-Rays. Those are all in our basement. My first full-time job was for Blockbuster Video, which helped me to build my collection at 20% off, along with introducing me to many great movies. My other inspiration was my mom, who is a huge collector in this area, and so I love a lot of good old classics as well as musicals. Feel free to stop by and borrow something. Just return it in a timely manner...which leads me to my next peeve. I love to lend things to people, just return it as soon as you are done. Or at least acknowledge to me that you remember you have it, and will return it soon. I have had a couple of instances where people forget and I never see an item again (movie, book, crafting supply) or it comes back a bit ruined (my first wedding album). By the way, this is referencing people who have never read my blog. So don't fret that it is you.

4. My last name is pronounced Cook although it is spelled Koch. It is a German name that I married into. And it is actually pronounced with a lot of phlegm, but Colby's family tries to make it simple. They tell me "Koch" means one who works in the kitchen. I just take their word for it.

5. My name, RaeAnne, is all one word. I was named after my mom's mother and my mom's sister. I used to hate my name, and wanted it shortened to Anne. Then in high school, I insisted people call me by RaeAnne, and not shorten it to Rae. Now, I love how unique the name is. But only a select few are allowed to call me Rae.

6. I have always been allergic to cats, but I have two. I just love them when they are kittens and I will go through the torture of allergies to build a relationship with them. They are very weird cats, and their names totally suit them. Skitterz is huge and thinks he is my significant other. Twitch is tiny, although full grown, and will ignore me completely but always obey Colby. Skitterz is also OCD, a cat after my own heart, if you pet him and have not washed your hands within the last ten minutes, he will sit and bathe himself completely to get all your cooties off.

7. I have had two different kinds of stones. I experienced the birth of kidney stones while 15 years old, and therefore missed my first day of high school. Then I had the "lovely" experience of having gallstones right before I was pregnant with Gabe. Thankfully I had my gall bladder removed right after Gabe's c-section.

I Tag.........whoever reads this.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow. There is a chance I do tags becuase I like to see my name in other people's headlines... haha!

You did awesome coming up with unique thigns about yourself! I didn't know most of that!

BTW- due to my early Chrismtas, I am buying my own silver ink pad. If we're moving away to grad school I better have some of my own things... haha! But aynway, I will not be one of those who ruin your belongings. :) Thanks jsut the same!!!

McB's said...

K, you are cracking me up about the light switches! I can totally see Colby sitting there snickering as you go around all your rooms and fix them! I'm sorry I'm laughing also, that would be funny :) And you caught me on your first name thing, I always to this day can't remember when I right your name if it's 1 or 2 words...dang it, I'll probably remember now! hehe

Rach said...

Tim will be glad to hear that I'm not the only one that cares about the light switches. And our house is full of 2 and 3-way switches. As I'm sure yours is. Right now, I'm actually looking at the one by the computer, and it's the wrong way, which means Jacob has been messing with it. Argh. Too funny. I will try to be sure I always RSVP and show up on time. I feel the same way about those things. Nice to know a few more things we have in common!