Are you up for another art project? Well, here it comes. This morning I got up to go to the gym at 4:30am. I arrived home about 10 after 7. I got the kids up and ready, and Braxton off to school. Then, after checking that all downstairs was childproof and the diaper bin was hidden, I went upstairs to take a nap while Gabe and Tristan were playing with toys and watching The Polar Express. They each had a drink and snacks, and I was napping with the door open, so as to here all. Several times I yelled downstairs for Gabe to come talk to me, since it sounded as though he was beating on his younger brother again. Usually he jumps at the chance to come in our room, but not once did he venture up as asked. So, I grudgingly got out of bed and trotted downstairs, mumbling under my breath that it was way too quiet. I find Tristan crying and wandering around with marker all over his clothes and face. Crayons and markers, pencils and a glue stick scattered through tout the family room. Where is Gabe? He is in the bathroom trying to wash the evidence off himself as here hears me coming down the stairs. They had colored with marker on their shirts, on Tristan's face, and on my microfiber couch. There was glue stick rubbed between all their fingers and used as hair gel on Tristan's head. Stickers were used throughout the room and kids. Tips of markers were bitten off, and pencil sharpenings were scattered on the floor. After more yelling, and sending Gabe to his room, I had to take a couple pictures before starting the cleanup process, again. I knew we would find it funny sometime in the future and wish we had pictures. Colby cleaned up the couch while I ran Tristan up to the tub. I think all is back to normal now, though I am missing a pair of scissors that Gabe says Tristan had. That makes me more than a bit nervous.
By the way, I'm sure now, that the reason he was screaming like he was being beat up, was because Gabe was holding him down and sticking him in the face with a marker.
Or pulling his hair while applying a liberal amount of glue stick to his noggin.
By the way, I'm sure now, that the reason he was screaming like he was being beat up, was because Gabe was holding him down and sticking him in the face with a marker.
Or pulling his hair while applying a liberal amount of glue stick to his noggin.

5 comments:
I love having kids! I haven't had anything quite that dramatic but I'm sure time will tell. I always forget to take pictures though because I get so mad. Good for you.
That's too funny! I'm just glad it wasn't me!
"Things we do for fun"...really? Hmmm. Glad Gabe has fun. hee hee hee... I do understand, Hunter used a tub of Eucerin becuase...I don't know. But it was all over my headboard and pillows and bed...
Also, always nap on the couch. ;)
Wow, RaeAnne, you're right. I got a good laugh. But I also know how hard it is to get Desitin out of anything. Jacob decided to paint a glider, his brand new pants and shirt and his face with ours and then fell asleep in the whole mess. I had to toss the clothes, and ended up flipping around the cushions on the glider. Sorry about your carpet. So, at least when Gabe destroys something, it's colorful and artistic, right?
That is hilarious...A budding artist.
Post a Comment