Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

In honor of the holiday, I took a leaf from my mom's book. I made green oatmeal for my boys' this morning. I rarely cook a hot breakfast, but I was already up and at it from the gym, so I figured why not make it a fun day. A little green food coloring in the pot right before it's done and tada! St. Patrick's Day oatmeal. They were extremely hesitant to take the first bite. Braxton claimed it looked like oobleck. Whatever that is. But, after some encouragement, he announced that it tasted good. Thanks mom, for introducing me to fun holiday traditions as a kid. I remember having pink "Wheat Hearts" (like Cream of Wheat for those who don't know) as a kid for Valentine's Day. Here are my boys' in there St. Patty's Day shirts from Old Navy. And, I am proud to announce that I put the trampoline up all by myself today.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Wow!! So impressed!

Rawlings Family said...

YAY its spring. Very fun breakfast, how creative!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that Braxton called it Oobleck. That's a great story from Dr. Seuss. Yes, there is something about green colored foods that instantly make children afraid. :) Good for you going to the gym in the morning!