Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Living Aquarium

Yesterday, Colby took Braxton and Gabe down to Sandy to visit The Living Aquarium. His mom, dad and nephew Xavier went as well. I dropped off Tristan at my parent's home and attended a bridal shower. I think they had a good time, Braxton hasn't talked about anything but McDonald's that they stopped to eat at on the way home. Gabe came home and told me that he saw sharks! Colby said Braxton and Xavier pretty much just walked up to one tank, gave all the creatures a quick glance and then kept moving on to the next tank, too fast for the rest of the group to absorb anything. I think those two were more interested in being together than observing the water life. This last week Braxton was grounded from friends (including his cousin Xavi) for disappearing somewhere in the neighborhood and not telling us where or when he left. My friends and neighbors were helping me look for him when he sauntered home from the Polygamists' house with a piece of homemade pie. Oddly enough they let him play with their kids, when usually they shoo the kids inside before any from the neighborhood can attempt to play with them. And Xavier was grounded the week before for disappearing up in his neck of the woods. So, they were excited to be reunited no matter where they went. Colby said that Gabe was the one that enjoyed it the most. It was a quiet and relaxing afternoon for me while I hung out with Tristan and got ready to attend the shower. I used to live across the street from my good friend Christina Hansen from age 11-20. She now lives in Las Vegas as a successful saleswoman. I am so happy for her, she will be married next month, so look for more details on the two of them after October 10th. Anyway, I had a blast catching up with past ward members and friends at the bridal shower. It was good to see them all and hopefully we can reconnect more in the future.

8 comments:

McB's said...

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine what it would feel like to have my child missing, I'm sure I'll find out one of these days though and then I'll call you, hehe. So the wives let him play huh? Interesting...wonder what's coming next...will they invite you in for some coffee and shoot the breeze to feel you guys out and see what they can do to persuade you to come to that side???

Tanya said...

Ok, kids disapperaing is exactly why I LIKE not having kids in the complex for him to run off to! UGH!!! my little brother used to do that all the time!
but I like the idea of a quiet afternoon! :D

Rach said...

Awesome that Braxton ended up in the least likely house to gain entrance to in the neighborhood. Not awesome that you didn't know where he was. I bet that pie was good, though. I wouldn't have thought to check at the polygs house at all. Nice to know they're open to kids coming over, even if they seem a little standoffish to us grownups.

Jo said...

I think I would be full of a lot of mixed feelings if I knew my boy was at a house full of polygamists! Happy that he came back and seemed happy and freaked out that he was at the polygs. I know someone who grew up in a polygamist colony and it was not good.

Kim said...

I'm thinking like Jo on this one. Very scary he was gone and then to find out where he was...(shiver)

Rawlings Family said...

I did that to my mom one time and got a major "talking to". But my neighborhood was a lot different than normal ones!

Pooka said...

That is a fun place! Be glad your boys don't sit & watch each tank for 30 minutes. It's quite painful. Especially when it only takes an hour or so to see the whole place.

Tanya said...

TAG! You're It!