Tuesday, November 4, 2008

News

Colby and all the other co-workers of THQ - Mass Media Department went to work yesterday morning, all to find out that they had closed their office. Everyone in the branch, including his boss, had lost their jobs. No one had any warning, but we had been seeing our stocks drop each month. Please keep us in your prayers, as their are no stable game companies in Utah. We are still trying to find a "regular" programming job here. We are looking in Utah, because it will probably be near impossible to sell our house and move at this time in the economy. If you know of any job openings that need a software engineer, please let us know, we are applying for everything that comes our way, being that it is November and Christmas and Braxton's birthday are next month. Thanks for all your support.

The Koch Family,

Colby, RaeAnne, Braxton, Gabriel, and Tristan.

18 comments:

Kim said...

I'm soooo sorry to hear that. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. I have a lot of programmer friends so if you let me know which languages Colby can program in I'd gladly help ask around for something. Email or call me and let me know.

bubblesutonium2000@hotmail.com

My heart is with your family!

McB's said...

Holy cow I can't believe they just did that to them, I'm so sorry and I wish I was there for you! I'll look in AZ, maybe you can live here :) I'm sure he'll get a job soon cuz he's smart but I know this is going to be hard, keep smiling and keep the faith.

Pam said...

So sorry to hear that...we will keep you in our prayers!

kelly l said...

sorry to hear your bad news. i hope everything works out soon. on a totally other note and hopefully this isn't too distasteful, but did you get seth's birthday invitation that we left in your door last week? just wanted to know if braxton would be coming.

Suzanne said...

So sorry, we'll be praying for you.

Rawlings Family said...

I hate when these happen especially when we can't see the reason for it. You'll be in our prayers.

Lara said...

I'm sorry Raeanne and Colby, I will tell Peter to see if he knows of anything up at WSU. From what I understand Colby is a great programmer, I'm guessing he will be rediscovered soon.

Jazmomof4 said...

RaeAnne I am so sorry, what a shock! We will definitely be praying for your family!

Pooka said...

You're always in our prayers. Please know we're happy to help with whatever you need.

Anonymous said...

Rae,
Just wanted you to know that we love you guys! This news has deeply affected both Rob and I. I will call you when my emotions are better under control. You will both be in our prayers. All my love,
Your sister, Tyra

Stacie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your hard news. Have you guys looked into the school districts? They seem to have an average turnover there. I'll keep my ears open otherwise, and you'll be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bad news! Definitely we'll add you to our prayers! We have lots of canned peaches and grape juice in food storage if you need any supplies. :)

MaryAnn said...

Get Colby up on Dice.com and linked in . Chris had a recruiter contact him from SLC for a senior level programmer for the church. KForce I think was the name of the recruiting agency. There are programming jobs out there. Dice and Linked in are great for getting his info out to tons of possibilities.

Heather said...

Losing a job stinks! Steve's lost his job twice, both times entirely unexpectedly. It is one of the worst things in the world, but it's also a time to truly rely on the Lord and live by faith. Good luck, we're praying for you.

Jo said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I've heard this happening and I'm so sorry this has happened to you! You're in my prayers!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry! When Burt was laid off it was out of no where too. That is the worst!!!

I'll ask Burt if he has any ideas. I know my neice used to work for a company near the airport. I'll try to find something out. Take care and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Kris & Christina said...

RaeAnne,
I am so sorry to hear about Colby's job. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I will keep a look out for jobs in computer software in Utah.
Christi

Rach said...

So sorry! We'll keep you in our prayers, and I'll ask Tim to check around at his work to see if there's anything available for a programmer. I can also ask my brother--he was just looking for jobs a few months ago in the programming world, and he may know of some in Utah that are still available. We're thinking of you!