Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

Happy New Year! Colby and I took the boys to the mall for some lunch and playtime. We were going to attend the "Countdown to Noon" at the Treehouse Museum. But it seems that everyone else in Weber County had the same plan. So we opted out of that idea. They still got some well needed jumping and running around time in the mall.

We actually did something this year in the evening. Usually all of our friends are busy with other people's parties, and we would rather stay home than bother looking for a babysitter. But this year, people came to us. I'll tell you something, it's so much easier celebrating holidays with kids when you can do it in your own home. You just put them to bed like normal and keep partying. I don't know how long we will be able to pull that off. Our friends through Colby are now getting to the point in life of starting families, soon they will be in the same place we have been for years. It was nice because Braxton slept over at his cousin Xavier's house, so as late as Gabe and Tristan stayed up, there was very minimal arguing. We munched on many goodies, and even had a game and movie set aside to entertain us, but we all just ended up visiting from 7pm to 3:30 am.

We had the opportunity to have our friends baby girl join us. Hopefully, I got my fill of cuddles in with her, and it will keep the yearning for a daughter at bay. Colby wanted to hold her so bad, but he is getting over a cold. Because she was such an early preemie, she is too prone to RSV and other illnesses. We enjoyed her latest antics, then setup the port-a-crib downstairs for her.

We hope you all spent New Year's doing something fun. And wish the best for you in 2009. Happy January!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

hahaha, are you both younger than me?? I feel sooo old and I was only up til 1am that night- its still kickin my butt!
Sooooo tiiiiired! lol!

Pooka said...

I have a gripe with you. I don't like that your blog is private so it never updates on my blog so i don't know that you have a new entry. Sigh...