Last Thursday we went to the Hogle Zoo with my sister and her kids.

(Braxton, Jed, Gabe, Taryn, Tristan, Wyatt, Shaila, some random kid.)
We both have Dinosaur Park passes and found that, with those, the first Thursday of every month is free at the zoo. So off we went. I had never taken my kids to this particular zoo, and hadn't been there myself since before I was married. We ate are packed lunches right after entering the park. We have a buddy system in place with all of our kids, established on our trip to San Francisco.
So, our kids know who to pair up with and hold hands when we say "buddy-up!". It's great, since 2 of her kids are older then mine. It's a huge help, and the pairs of kids have all become closer because of it. Wyatt is Gabe's buddy,
Taryn is Tristan's, and Jed and Braxton have always been birthday buddies (1 day apart). Then Shaila can choose either Tyra or I. The tamarins were so cute. 
(Tristan and I admiring the baby tamarins.)
One of them had twin babies with her. It must have been spring in the zoo in the past month, because there were a lot of new babies.
A snow leopard was born on Gabe's birthday in June,
there was a week old giraffe,
and the elephant was due any day. According to the website there were more, but that's all that I saw.
We found this fun drinking fountain. 
A snow leopard was born on Gabe's birthday in June,
there was a week old giraffe,
and the elephant was due any day. According to the website there were more, but that's all that I saw.
We found this fun drinking fountain. 
(Tristan, Jed, Jed, Taryn waiting for the show to start.)
And attended a fun bird show, although who knows if anyone there could hear a thing said all due to Tristan's constant tantrum throwing and screaming. (Yes, Sarah and Kelly, that was my youngest making all the racket.)

(Wyatt watching the show.)

(Braxton measuring up to the apes.)
Pausing for pictures. I did find that we need to have a family home evening about sexual harassment. My boys' were being very inappropriate all day long.
To my horror, Braxton stepped away from this gorilla statue saying that we was hugging it's boobs. Then he smacked Taryn on the butt. At the bird show, Gabe unknowingly, was doing obscene things to young Taryn's chest. I felt so embarrassed the whole day. Just goes to show that I am definitely the only girl in my house. We hang out with mostly guys in our home, and I only have boys. So, unfortunately it gets lewd and crude at my home. I guess I am the only one who can fix that. I better get on it before they are teenagers and know better.It was a fun day, although very hot and we had many a meltdown with the kids. But, from these pictures, we will only remember the good stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment