Our first anniversary, I was hugely pregnant with Braxton, we did get sealed in the San Diego temple, but then kindly shared our hotel room down there with a friend who was low on funds. Wahoo!
If it weren't for getting sealed to each other, that would have been a real lousy day. Second, Colby's grandmother passed away, and we needed to drive to Utah to make it to the funeral scheduled on our anniversary. Not great to be grieving on a day meant to celebrate. Third, my sister Heidi, bless her heart, surprises us by calling and saying she just bought a plane ticket to fly down to California and visit us. I reply by saying that is the weekend of our anniversary, she responds that she will babysit for us. Unfortunately, she ends up going on a blind date with my co-worker instead. Four and five are a blur for Colby and I, we think we went to dinner alone or maybe a movie, but we never give each other gifts. Year six, we had just moved into our home here in North Ogden, and Colby gets called back down to California for work for the entire week over our anniversary. Year seven, I had just had Tristan on the 18th, by C-section. Yeah, we went to dinner, but had to take the newborn, and couldn't be gone long due to nursing schedule and pain medication timing.
If it weren't for getting sealed to each other, that would have been a real lousy day. Second, Colby's grandmother passed away, and we needed to drive to Utah to make it to the funeral scheduled on our anniversary. Not great to be grieving on a day meant to celebrate. Third, my sister Heidi, bless her heart, surprises us by calling and saying she just bought a plane ticket to fly down to California and visit us. I reply by saying that is the weekend of our anniversary, she responds that she will babysit for us. Unfortunately, she ends up going on a blind date with my co-worker instead. Four and five are a blur for Colby and I, we think we went to dinner alone or maybe a movie, but we never give each other gifts. Year six, we had just moved into our home here in North Ogden, and Colby gets called back down to California for work for the entire week over our anniversary. Year seven, I had just had Tristan on the 18th, by C-section. Yeah, we went to dinner, but had to take the newborn, and couldn't be gone long due to nursing schedule and pain medication timing.So, hooray! Year Eight, both of our parents agree to watch our kids overnight, while Colby and I escape for a day and a half. My parents watched the two little ones, while Braxton hung out with Colby's parents. Poor Braxton had to stay at a house where the AC just broke, but he had a blast playing with his cousin Xavier that lives there. Gabe was in the middle of potty training, thank you so much Mom for continuing with that process. We did have to take plenty of baby proofing supplies to help them out, but they even survived taking the energetic boys to church with them. I hope my siblings will give them a babysitting break for a bit. Anyway, so we reserved a cabin up at the Alaskan Inn where we had spent our first married night together.
In the past, we have just gotten a room, but this year we splurged and treated ourselves to a cabin. We went to The Olive Garden for lunch right after dropping off the boys, and tried the Never Ending Past Bowl. I recommend it to any who love pasta, it was awesome. Then we walked the mall for a bit to kill some time before we could check in. After four, we dropped by to check out our cabin. We turned the Olympics on and immediately fell asleep for four hours. See what having kids home for the summer does to you, I was so exhausted. We hit Arby's for a quick bit to eat and then called it a night. After check-out, we decided to take a drive
up to Park City and spend the day there. We walked main street,
then grabbed a bite at Quizno's, and took a round trip scenic lift ride up the mountain.
After way too much sun, we headed home to pick up our brood. What a great weekend!
In the past, we have just gotten a room, but this year we splurged and treated ourselves to a cabin. We went to The Olive Garden for lunch right after dropping off the boys, and tried the Never Ending Past Bowl. I recommend it to any who love pasta, it was awesome. Then we walked the mall for a bit to kill some time before we could check in. After four, we dropped by to check out our cabin. We turned the Olympics on and immediately fell asleep for four hours. See what having kids home for the summer does to you, I was so exhausted. We hit Arby's for a quick bit to eat and then called it a night. After check-out, we decided to take a drive
up to Park City and spend the day there. We walked main street,
then grabbed a bite at Quizno's, and took a round trip scenic lift ride up the mountain.
After way too much sun, we headed home to pick up our brood. What a great weekend!Here's a little info for all those who don't know: Colby and I met in 1997, started dating in 1998, and were engaged and married in 2000.
We know a lot more about each other, but have learned to put up with it. I love him, and I am so grateful that he puts up with all my quirks and craziness. Here's to many more years to come.
We know a lot more about each other, but have learned to put up with it. I love him, and I am so grateful that he puts up with all my quirks and craziness. Here's to many more years to come.

3 comments:
OK, I would just like to state, for the record, that my anniversary blog post is done and ready to go live on the 1st (our actual anniversary, which we will be GONE for.) :) I already posted on someone else's blog " 'tis the season for anniversaries!" Becuase she was the second I've read today (yours is #3) and I've had two other freinds celebrate theirs lately! Too funny!!
I'm glad you got time away, and yes, I know allllll about nap time! Lookin' forward to some naps too! HEE HEE!
Good for you, and yes, here's to many more years to come!
Happy anniversary, guys! I'm glad you finally got to really celebrate. It sounds like you had a great escape. I hope you can have many more fun anniversaries to make up for your first 7.
Congrats on 8 years! I understand the sleeping thing. That is the first thing we did on our 3rd anniversary after we dropped Devan off. Sleep is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment