We slept in and slowly got ready for the day. I was planning on getting to the beach by 10am, but I have never had to get three kids ready and all the stuff packed up. We finally arrive at Zuma Beach in Malibu at 11am. We found some of our friends from the 4th ward and arranged our stuff. This was Tristan's first trip to the ocean, so of course I wanted lots of pictures. I
arranged the brothers and took a couple pictures before a big wave took out Gabe and Tristan. Well, they refused to go back in the water again, but I don't blame them. They had a blast playing in the sand, and Braxton spent his majority of the time in the waves. I asked a friend's son to help Braxton use a boogie board, because on the drive to the beach he told me he was going to surf today. Tristan thought he was going to tackle eating the entire beach.
He must be lacking sodium in his diet. Gabe made friends and then lost them by throwing sand at them. But, overall we had a good time. I had to leave and try to make it back home to meet a friend on her lunch break, but we missed each other because it just took too long to get my kids and stuff packed back up to go. We relaxed at the house the rest of the afternoon. I read, the kids watched
Kai Hoffmeier
Isaac Hoffmeier
arranged the brothers and took a couple pictures before a big wave took out Gabe and Tristan. Well, they refused to go back in the water again, but I don't blame them. They had a blast playing in the sand, and Braxton spent his majority of the time in the waves. I asked a friend's son to help Braxton use a boogie board, because on the drive to the beach he told me he was going to surf today. Tristan thought he was going to tackle eating the entire beach.
He must be lacking sodium in his diet. Gabe made friends and then lost them by throwing sand at them. But, overall we had a good time. I had to leave and try to make it back home to meet a friend on her lunch break, but we missed each other because it just took too long to get my kids and stuff packed back up to go. We relaxed at the house the rest of the afternoon. I read, the kids watched
Kai Hoffmeier
Isaac Hoffmeier
a 3-D Movie and played with toys and video games with Kai and Isaac.
Tristan with his attachment, Allejandra.When Colby arrived home we packed up the kids to meet more friends for dinner. Again at Wok-n-South, but I love that place, we met up with April and Alan Manes.
I worked with April at a pest control company for about 3 1/2 years and we became good friends. We survived the boys antics at the restaurant - I don't know how, but we did - and got in a good visit with our friends. As we are wrapping up the meal, the subject turns to the Wii, and they inform us that Alan's brother has a Wii Fit we can buy. Score! Colby and I are so excited, we have been looking for one of these since we bought our Wii. We made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow on our way out of town. After saying our goodbyes we decide to take the kids to the mall to burn off some more energy before bedtime. Besides, I had to show Colby all the beautiful renovations The Oaks has gone through. Wow! It's so fancy, I feel very upscale when I shop there. Now, off to bed, we need to get packed and ready to leave for Utah in the morning.
This is how Tristan usually slept, we kept taking the blanket off his head, and when we would check on him again, it would be back there.

No comments:
Post a Comment